Had to stop therapy for....

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Had to stop therapy for....

Postby JacquieC » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:01 am

a few days. Turns out my skin is allergic to the TG Stockinette we were using and now I have a NASTY contact dermatitis rash all down my legs and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh does it ITCH. I saw my LE doc yesterday and I am using Temovate cream and 1% hydrocortisone cream.
She wants me to use the Jersey Stockinette and get some lambs wool instead of cotton to go over the stockinette. My feet and ankles were looking really good until I had to take and leave the bandages off, it was a matter of hours and my feet blew back up and now they hurt and feel tight again from the fluid returning.
The doc didn't say anything but I am wondering if I should start on my Keflex as a precaution...any thoughts on this?

Once the rash clears up its back to the old drawing board ;-)

Thanks
Jacquie C
JacquieC

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema