Coumarin powder/ointment

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Coumarin powder/ointment

Postby Becks » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user with primary lymphedema that I've had since puberty.

Although I look pretty normal to strangers, I haven't worn a skirt/shorts since I was about 14, my lymphedema is restricted to my lower legs so I keep them covered at all times, very depressing!

I'm managing to control it with 6mg of Paroven per day, compression hosiery and MLD, and I'm starting to get results.

I was wondering if anyone knows of where I can buy a topical treatment too? i.e. Coumarin powder/ointment

Thanks
Becks
Becks

Re: Coumarin powder/ointment

Postby evelyn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi Becks,

I have just read your old post of 2006. Please let us know how the Paraven worked for you. I tried sending a p-mail but failed.

Hope you're doing alright.

Thanks.

Evelyn
evelyn

Re: Coumarin powder/ointment

Postby patoco » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Evelyn

Hopefully, Becks will see your note and respond either on the boards or privately.

From what I have read, the actual results from people using paroven seems to be mixed.

Remember though, Paroven was initially and still is used mostly for leakage from cappillaries, so in that sense it is a vascular medicine versus a lymph medicine. That also may explain why some people have ben helped while others not.

Also, there are some possible side effects: Headache, Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain, Rash (allergic reaction), Flushing. Not sure what might be side effects used by a lympher.

Since Paroven is actually a form of bioflavonoid, there are no dangerous side effects and to my knowledge it does not intereact with any other medicines.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema