CDT and Insurance

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

CDT and Insurance

Postby JacquieC » Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Do most insurances cover CDT or is it something that they see as an "alternative medicine" type treatment?

I am new to all this so please forgive me.

I called to see if my if and what my insurance will cover and the rep said that bandaging and compression stockings are considered "durable equipment" and are not covered. HUH?
JacquieC

Postby joanne johnson » Mon May 14, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi Jacquie,

It is not uncommom for ins. companies not to cover durable equipment. Unfortunately, I never had an insurance company which would cover any type of lymphedema supplies such as bandages, stockings etc. I guess they think we are all "wealthy" if we have this condition! :(
joanne johnson

Postby JacquieC » Tue May 15, 2007 4:35 am

As I said I am new to this and I am just beside myself as to WHY they consider it "durable equipment".....I mean bandages, compression hose, etc are part of treating the condition right? Does that mean they would consider the compression pump "durable equipment" too....but yet they would cover hospitalization for infection and not the preventitive.
After 10 yrs of being with the same insurance company my hubbys company decided to switch this year to cut cost for them and supposedly the employees, well we all know how that works right. Its bull crap.
You can bet the owner of his company doesnt have the same crappy coverage for him and his family........ok, I am going off on a tangent here and need to BREATHE.....oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy veyyyyyyyyyyyyy
JacquieC

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema